Free Legal Services for Low Income People
Your gift will provide free legal services in the Roanoke Valley
LEGAL AID AND THE CORONAVIRUS PANDEMIC
The Legal Aid Society wants to protect both our clients and our staff from exposure to the coronavirus. Effective Wednesday, March 18th, 2020 our office will be locked and we will only be meeting with clients by phone or email. Clients should call our office to speak with their attorneys. Visitors seeking legal help should apply online or call Blue Ridge Legal Services at 540-344-2080 to be screened for eligibility and scheduled for an initial phone appointment.
We will continue to accept shipments, mail and vendor deliveries.
We will update our coronavirus policy as circumstances allow.
Some ways you can help prevent the spread of Coronavirus:
• Avoid close contact with people who are sick;
• Avoid touching your eyes, nose, and mouth; and
• Wash your hands often with soap and water for at least 20 seconds.
We are also taking precautions to prevent the spread of Coronavirus by kindly asking the following groups to refrain from visiting our offices or clinics:
• People who have symptoms of fever, coughing, and shortness of breath; or
• People who have been in close contact with someone suspected of having Coronavirus
We will continue to monitor the situation. Please check our website or Facebook page for updates